Capcom has updated its platinum titles ranking to reflect sales figures as of December 31, 2022. Platinum titles are games that have passed over one million worldwide sales. The most recent game on the list is from 2021, so the majority of the platinum titles are still legacy games from past years.
The top ten list as of December 2022 is:
- Monster Hunter: World (18.6 million units)
- Monster Hunter Rise (11.7 million units)
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (11.7 million units)
- Resident Evil 2: Remake (11.2 million units)
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (10 million units)
- Resident Evil 5 (8.6 million units)
- Resident Evil 6 (8.6 million units)
- Resident Evil Village (7.4 million units)
- Street Fighter V (7 million units)
- Devil May Cry 5 (6.5 million units)
In November 2022, Devil May Cry 5 selling 6.1 million units kept it out of the Top 10 list. At the time, Street Fighter II was in tenth place. Since Street Fighter II is no longer as readily available though, Devil May Cry 5 was able to surpass it with time. For a while now, all of Capcom’s platinum titles have come from established legacy series such as Resident Evil and Street Fighter.
With anticipated titles such as the Resident Evil 4 remake and Street Fighter VI, as well as active updates for games like Monster Hunter Rise, Capcom will likely continue to enjoy success going forth.