At BlizzCon 2018 we got a look at a brand-new Diablo smartphone game called Diablo Immortal, a mobile massively multiplayer online action RPG in partnership with NetEase.
First, here’s a look at a cinematic trailer for the game:
Enter the world of Diablo Immortal, a new entry in the Diablo universe. Taking place between the events of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction and Diablo III, this mobile massively multiplayer online ARPG is a true Diablo hack-and-slash adventure, all in the palm of your hand.
And here’s a gameplay trailer:
Enter the world of Diablo Immortal, a new entry in the Diablo universe. Featuring the fluid hack-and-slash action role playing game experience you know and love, this visually stunning mobile experience is a cut above the rest and puts the Eternal Conflict at your fingertips—anytime, anywhere.
You can check out more about the story below:
The story of Diablo Immortal is set between the events of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction and Diablo III.
The Worldstone lies shattered, yet great power remains within its corrupted fragments. Power that Diablo’s minions hope to harness to bring about the return of the Lord of Terror.
The Archangel Tyrael is presumed dead, and mankind is left to deal with the aftermath of his actions. Fragments of the corrupted Worldstone taint the land, bringing forth ancient evils who are looking to harvest the stone’s power and use it to control humanity.
And here are some gameplay details
- Unique Zones & Dungeons – From the peaceful town of Wortham, to the jungle island of Bilefen and the ancient Library of Zoltun Kulle, each zone in Diablo Immortal has new challenges to master and familiar faces to see.Will you choose to help Valla and her teacher in the Shassar Sea, or delve the tomb of Fahir, an ancient disciple of Akarat? Or storm the Countess’ Forgotten Tower and stop her dark reign once more? The possibilities are many. The choices are yours.
- Massively Multiplayer Action in Your Pocket – Meet other demon-slayers as you wander Sanctuary, and join them to take on deep, treacherous dungeons. Visit vast social hubs like Westmarch and conduct business with local merchants before setting off on your next adventure.Drop in or out of groups easily and engage in dynamic events all over the world, teaming up with other heroes as you take down Skarn’s minions—and reap powerful rewards.
- Westmarch – Explore the sprawling streets of Westmarch in a time before Malthael’s corruption. The city is always bustling with activity as visitors from all over the world come to marvel at its sights, enjoy its landmarks, and more.Westmarch is where you can meet all your adventuring needs. You’ll have access to your stash and vendors, but more importantly it’s the place to meet fellow travelers, relax and take a breather.
- Designed for Mobile – Diablo Immortal is being designed from the ground-up to give you an authentic Diablo experience on touch-screen devices. Intuitive actions, gestures and touch controls put you in full command of your hero. Slay endless hordes of demons as effortlessly as you would with a controller or keyboard and mouse.
- Zero in on Your Enemies – Directional controls make it easy to move around in the world; demolishing the denizens of hell is as easy as holding down your thumb on a skill from your hotbar to aim it, then releasing it to unleash hell. Quickly access potions for a gradual health refresh, and equip recently looted items with a single tap on your screen.
Diablo Immortal is in development for iOS and Android. You can check the official website for info on character classes and more including pre-registration details.