It’s been revealed on an early Amazon listing that Dissidia Final Fantasy on arcade is headed to PlayStation 4 as Dissidia Final Fantasy NT with a release in 2018.
The above is a look at the official teaser trailer for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT.
Here are details provided from Amazon:
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT introduces squad-based battle gameplay by allowing you to wage war with over 20 of your favorite Final Fantasy characters. Combining unparalleled visuals, seamless gameplay, and your favorite characters from the past 30 years of the franchise, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT welcomes all gamers with 3 vs. 3 battles and the series renowned “bravery combat system”. While aiming for supremacy, call forth familiar summons like Ifrit, Shiva, and Odin to aid you and your party! Square Enix is collaborating with Team Ninja, one of the world’s leading developers in the fighting game genre, to bring Dissidia Final Fantasy NT to life.
And some features:
- Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want – Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles
- The return from Eos – Noctis makes his triumphant return to the PS4 as a combatant, fighting to save the world of Dissidia
- Legendary narrative – Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
- Your fantasy. Your fight – Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion – from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up
- Only the brave survive – The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill
Here are more details from the live stream:
- The title’s “NT” stands for “New Tale,” “New Trial,” “New Tournament” and various other meanings.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT will tell a story that wasn’t shown on the arcade version.
- There won’t be a dedicated story mode, and it’s mostly based on the competitive arcade version of the game.
- However, you’ll get to experience parts of its story through event scenes that have been prepared for the PS4 version.
- It won’t be necessary to fight against other players, so that means you’ll get to enjoy the story in single player.
- The arcade version’s 3v3 battles is the base of its battles, but there will be systems original to the PS4 version. Basically new battle rules, a mode that’ll let you play solo offline, modes that you can gather with friends, and so on.
- Currently working on bringing certain data from the arcade version.
- The arcade version will always be prioritizes for updates.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT will be playable at E3 2017.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT releases on PlayStation 4 in 2018.