With Dissidia Final Fantasy NT releasing next week in the West, Square Enix appears to be listening to fan feedback as they promised some nice changes coming in a January 30 update for the 3v3 brawler.
Here are details for the update:
- English voicing and subtitles of different languages (English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish) have been added.
- Can switch O and X buttons in the control settings at the option menu.
- can switch L1/R1 and L2/R2 buttons in the control settings at the option menu.
- Room Matches (custom rooms) will now give out experience for P.LV and C.LV. It will also now give Gil.
- The Gil reward from battles has been vastly increased.
- If disconnected before the briefing screen against opponents, you will no longer be penalized.
- Players will get to rank up offline classes easier. (By increasing offline class your CPU allies will also rank up, making the battles easier as well.)
- When matchmaking against an opponent, online IDs will no longer be listed under the voice chat. (All online IDs will be shown at the briefing screen.)
Keep in mind that these update notes are from Japan so there are a few differences. Square Enix hasn’t announced anything for the West, but we’ll likely get these added as a day-one patch.
In addition to the language and control options, the extra Gil and experience points as well as improved offline leveling and rewards from custom games certainly addresses some of the issues I recently talked about. You can also read more about my thoughts on its 3v3 gameplay here.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is available in Japan on PlayStation 4. The game releases in North America and Europe on January 30, 2018.