After a tease showing a localized version of Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection appeared online, an official announcement has been made. The compilation of Double Dragon and Kunio-kun games will be localized as Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler. People also won’t have to wait too long to play it, as it will launch on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC on February 20, 2020. More notably, it localizes eleven games for the first time.
With Kunio-kun, not every installment was released outside of Japan. Some remained trapped in the region. Since this collection has three Double Dragon titles and fifteen Kunio-kun ones, there are a lot that were left out.
The Double Dragon and Kunio-kun games that may look familiar to you, due to all being localized, are these seven.
- Crash’n the Boys Street Challenge
- Double Dragon
- Double Dragon II: The Revenge
- Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
- River City Ransom
- Super Dodge Ball
These eleven Kunio-kun games are only appearing in Englihs for the first time.
- Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day!
- Downtown Nekketsu Story
- Downtown Special Kunio-kun’s Historical Period Drama!
- Go-Go! Nekketsu Hockey Club Slip-and-Slide Madness
- Kunio-kun’s Nekketsu Soccer League
- Nekketsu Fighting Legend
- Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club
- Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club – Soccer Story
- Nekketsu Renegade Kunio-kun
- Nekketsu! Street Basketball All-Out Dunk Heroes
- Surprise! Nekketsu New Records! The Distant Gold Medal
As a reminder, all of these games have had missions, which let you earn customization items for yourself for when you play online. There is also online play for multiplayer.
Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler will appear on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC on February 20, 2020. Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection is immediately available in Japan.