Bandai Namco announced that Dragon Ball FighterZ is getting its Nintendo Switch open beta test on Nintendo Switch starting August 10 at 1:00pm JST until August 12 at 4:00pm JST.
Update: Bandai Namco confirmed the open beta for the West, and it’ll begin in the Americas at 9:00pm PT on August 9 and it’ll be available until August 11 at 11:59 PT. Pre-load will be available starting today.
The open beta test features 23 characters from the game and the new “Extreme Type” feature that was made for the Nintendo Switch version. It’ll also offer Arena Match for 1v1 fights, Circle Party Match for up to six players to enjoy a fight together, and more.
Here are the 23 characters playable in the open beta test:
- Goku (Super Saiyan)
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
- Gohan (Teen)
- Gohan (Adult)
- Majin Buu
- Kid Buu
- Tien Shinhan
- Android 16
- Android 18
- Goku (SSGSS)
- Vegeta (SSGSS)
- Goku Black
Here are the modes available in the beta test:
- New Feature for Switch – “Extreme Type” – Lets you perform special attacks with simple inputs witht he “Extreme Type” controls. This can be changed at anytime during the character select screen.
- Arena Match – 1v1 battles against other players in the lobby.
- Replay Chanel – Watch replay videos. You can place Z stamps to mark parts you like in the video.
- Circle Match – Gather players to form a circle in a lobby and fight each other.
- Circle Party Match – A versus mode you can enjoy with up to six players gathered in a Circle Match.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The Switch version arrives on September 28, 2018.