Square Enix hosted a special Dragon Quest Builders 2 live stream today where we got to see some new gameplay footage. Here are details on what’s new along with a look at male & female protagonist opening movies.
Head to the 42:02 mark of the video to get a look at the latest gameplay footage that was shared in the live stream.
Here are some gameplay highlights via Gamestalk:
- New “Spider Web” parts added.
- New action “Dash” lets you run faster.
- The camera angles let you switch between first-person, far/close camera.
- The protagonist’s expressions change. (For example, he looks more brave while attacking).
- Since Dragon Quest Builders 2 offers much more items to craft, they’re using icons to make things easier to see.
- There’s a new function that allows you to craft in bulk.
- You won’t need to go through the menu to select a weapon, as you’ll get to do so by simply pressing the left/right directionals and triangle to select.
- The new “Glove” item added. It allows you to lift objects without breaking them. It’ll also allow you to rotate its angles before placement so that you can change it to your liking.
- The weapon is used with the square button while builder items such as the Glove and Hammer are used with R2.
- The developers are doing their best to fix the parts that fans were dissatisfied with in the first game.
- There’s a scene where water is entering a ship from a hole that you’ll need to plug by placing a box on top.
- You’ll no longer take contact damage from enemies. (via director Nino Kazuya’s Twitter).
Lastly, here’s a look at the opening movie in both male and female protagonist versions:
Opening Movie – Male Protagonist Version
Opening Movie – Female Protagonist Version
Dragon Quest Builders 2 releases in Japan on December 20, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. You can catch up on more details about its release including DLC and bonuses in our previous report.