The latest Dragon’s Dogma anime update might build up faith in people who are hoping for something that, at the very least, sounds like the game it is based on. Netflix revealed the opening theme for the show. Tadayoshi Makino, the composer for the original game, wrote the opening Dragon’s Dogma anime theme song.
When Netflix shared the segment, it actually offered the entire opening for an episode. Think of it as a teaser for things to come. It also confirmed a number of people working on the cast. Makino is the star of the hour, as song from the composer who has also worked on Monster Hunter: World and the Resident Evil 2 remake can be heard throughout.
Here’s your first look at the opening theme of the Dragon’s Dogma anime, straight from the game’s composer, Tadayoshi Makino. pic.twitter.com/lGGSMwhcUk
— NX (@NXOnNetflix) September 11, 2020
Also, for reference, here’s the rest of the staff named in the opening.
- Executive Producer: Taiki Sakurai
- Co-Executive Producers: Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Takashi Kitahara
- Character Designer: Kaoru Nishimura
- Screenplay: Sunayama Kurasumi
- Art Directors: Shigemi Ikeda and Yukiko Maruyama
- Color Coordinator: Mika Sugawara
- Director of Photography: Naotaka Watanabe
- Editor: Manabu Kamino
- CGI Director: Takahiro Kawaguchi
- Composer: Tadayoshi Makino
- English Voice Director: Alex Von David
- Sound Director: Takumi Saito
- Production Executive: Atsushi Koishikawa
- Producer: Tomohisa Nishimura
- Director: Shinya Sugai
The Dragon’s Dogma anime series will begin airing on Netflix worldwide on September 17, 2020.