Hiro Mashima’s latest manga, Edens Zero, is getting a new 3D action RPG for console(s) from Konami. Producer Shin Murato talked about the development of the upcoming game adaptation in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Here are some highlights from the Edens Zero game producer Shin Murato interview:
- The game will feature a vast number of equipment and costumes to customize and dress up characters.
- In the Edens Zero game, you’ll get to fly across its vast fields from the original work. You’ll also get to run on the walls and ceilings of most areas.
- The three-dimensional movement style will tie in directly to the battle.
- Playable characters other than Shiki will get to use three-dimensional action.
- Development is currently at around 40% to 50% complete.
The Edens Zero manga started in June 2018 in Weekly Shonen Magazine. The manga series currently has 11 volumes and an anime is scheduled to begin in April 2021. The voice cast for the Edens Zero action RPG includes Takuma Terashima as Shiki Granbell, Mikako Komatsu as Rebecca Bluegarden, and Rie Kugimiya will reprise her role as Happy.
Check out a teaser for the Edens Zero from TGS 2020 below:
As seen at the end of the teaser trailer, a mobile top-down action RPG is also in development for Edens Zero. Konami will share more info on the Edens Zero games later.