With the arrival of Unity 5 last week, Midgar Studio has had some time to improve the visuals and performance of its Japanese RPG tribute Edge of Eternity.
To show off the enhancements, Midgar has released a bunch of new screenshots so that we can all get a better look at them. You can see those screenshots below (and one above).
For those into the technical side, here’s a list of the new features that Unity 5 has brought with it:
- Realtime Spec Probes
- Realtime GI Indirect Lighting
- Physically Based Shading powered by Alloy 3 made by one of our backers and his team (thank you so much!)
Plus, Midgar have some “home-made” features that it was able to either improve upon or introduce with Unity 5. Those are:
- SMAA Antialiasing (We are actually working on an implementation of TXAA for Unity)
- HBAO Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion
- Atmosphere Scattering (With realtime GI variation)
- “Reactive” Grass Shader
- Improved High Resolution Shadows
Finally, here’s a comparison screenshot – Unity 4 at the bottom, Unity 5 at the top.