Square Enix shared a lengthy new gameplay video for the Platinum Games-developed action RPG, NieR: Automata, and it takes us exploring the earth’s distant future with a look at plenty of features.
Here’s what we see in the game, as detailed by Square Enix’s press release this morning:
- “Reliquary” System – Players can return to where their characters were defeated to gain additional buffs, or even gain an ally to assist in their battle against the fearsome machines.
- 17 Different Pod Skills – Using “Pods,” your mini-robot companions, players can not only temporarily hover or be thrown distances to access additional areas, but each Pod can be programmed with a variety of offensive and defense skills, including lasers, hammers, and more. By using up to three Pods at the same time, players can also charge their skills to make them up to three times stronger.
- “Plug-in-Chip” System – By installing chips into your android body, players can increase damage and add skills to help survive against enemies.
- Riding System – Players can ride boars and other wildlife for quicker travel, while also using them to attack.
- Quest Hub – As players immerse themselves in the desolate world, they can take on a variety of sub-quests from multiple Quest Hubs scattered throughout.
- Fishing Minigame – Players can catch a variety of fish through this mini-game to sell or gain temporary beneficial status effect.
NieR: Automata is now available in Japan. The game releases in North America on March 7 and Europe on March 10, 2017 for PlayStation 4. The game is expected to release on PC on March 10.