The Trails of Cold Steel subseries is looking to wrap up soon once the fourth installment releases, and Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo shared brief hints about what’s next in an interview with Famitsu. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Here are some highlights from the interview with Kondo-san:
- Duvalie will take on a much bigger role than we initially anticipated. Look forward to unexpected actions from her.
- (On any hints in Trails of Cold Steel IV on what’s next): They’re everywhere from the main story to conversations with NPCs in town, information found across Zemuria, and characters that appeared in the series.
- Within all that, there might be a key to the next Trails series.
- Kondo says fans of the series might want to borderline overinterpret the story to get a better idea.
- By the ending of Trails of Cold Steel IV, the Trails series will be over 60% complete.
- As a series, it will move to a new development from this point forward. Kondo wants to challenge things he wasn’t able to up until now.
- Project(s) other than Trails has already begun.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV releases in Japan on September 27, 2018 for PlayStation 4.