There are some major buffs available for the Machinist job in FFXIV, thanks to some buffs that came up in the 6.3 patch. The Battle System section in the patch notes went over all of the details. To go along with the seven action and trait changes, there is also a new addition: Dismantle.
The 6.3 FFXIV Machinist changes mean the job now learns Dismantle at level 62. When used, the enemy it hits will deal 10% less damage for 10 seconds. This adds utility to the class.
The other skills getting buffs are Gauss Round, Heated Clean Shot, Heated Slug Shot, Hypercharge, Marksman’s Mastery, Ricochet, and Wildfire. Across the board, the changes help with making the job more powerful and assisting with possible latency.
Here are the full 6.3 changes for the Machinist in FFXIV from the official patch notes.
- Dismantle (Level 62) – Lowers target’s damage dealt by 10% for 10 seconds.
- Gauss Round – Potency has been increased from 120 to 130.
- Heated Clean Shot – Combo potency has been increased from 360 to 380.
- Heated Slug Shot – Combo potency has been increased from 280 to 300
- Hypercharge – Now grants 5 stacks of Overheated. Effect duration has been increased from 8 to 10 seconds.
- Marksman’s Mastery – The increase of potency for Heated Clean Shot has been changed from 110 to 120.
- Ricochet – Potency has been increased from 120 to 130.
- Wildfire – The effect of Wildfire can now be stacked a maximum of 6 times.
Final Fantasy XIV is available for the PS4, PS5, and PC, and patch 6.3 is now live.