Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age for PlayStation 4, slated for release in 2017. Here’s a look at some of its screenshots and a teaser trailer.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is an upcoming HD Remaster of the PlayStation 2 RPG on PlayStation 4, and uses Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System as its base.
Here are additional details from the press-release:
- Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.
- True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
- Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
- New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles.
- Modern gameplay advancements including PlayStation ® 4 system trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times.
- An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games.
Staff behind Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
- Producer: Hiroaki Kato
- Director: Takashi Katano
- Art Direction: Ryotaro Takahashi (CGStyle)
- Technical Direction: Seiki Iwamura
- Game Design: Jun Akiyama
- Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto (Basiscape)
- Music Editor: Keiji Kawamori
- Sound Effect Direction: Tomohiro Yajima
- Movie Direction: Kazuyuki Ikumori
- Supervisors: Hiroyuki Ito, Hiroshi Minagawa
Another big addition is that the game will support both Japanese and English voiceovers.