Final Fantasy XIV‘s Patch 5.2 launched last week but producer/director Naoki Yoshida still has plenty of work to do. He shared bits about the MMORPG’s latest development in an interview with Famitsu. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Check out some highlights from the interview below:
- Naoki Yoshida, director & producer: “Personally speaking, this might end up being the busiest I’ll ever be in my entire life.”
- Naoki Yoshida: “We’re preparing for Fan Festival and the expansion pack.”
- Naoki Yoshida: “The overall scale of Final Fantasy XIV is becoming larger.”
- Naoki Yoshida: “We’ve implemented things you’d expect from an expansion pack in regular updates, so now I’m troubled with the thought of ‘We don’t have a new system for the expansion pack… what to do’.”
- Naoki Yoshida: “Think of it as a year of surprises.”
- Naoki Yoshida: “Save the Queen will be about equal or greater than that of The Forbidden Land, Eureka in cost.”
Yoshi-P also talked about the new Resistance Weapon Quests, Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr in comparison to The Forbidden Land of Eureka’s Relic Gear Augmentation. In terms of the cost of it all, he said that Save the Queen should be about equal to or greater than Eureka’s.
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available for the PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out what’s new in Patch 5.2 with highlights here and here. Y’shtola’s ScionSorceress Attire and Nightseeker weapon recently released on the Mog Station.