Square Enix are expected to reveal more details on the Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae demo, in an upcoming livestream later this week. Meanwhile, this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine shares some information on the demo. [Thanks, Game Jouhou]
- The Duscae area of the demo will feature plains, along with mountainous areas that are shrouded in trees. If you look around closely, you might also find some caves. While these caves may have some treasures hidden inside, they’ll also have monsters that are much tougher than the ones outside.
- You’ll “store” experience points you gain from battle, and the characters will acquire them to actually level up once they’re at the camp.
- While at camp, you’ll be able to check out events where Noctis and co. are chatting. This is also where you’ll get to mess around with your equipment, and eat Ignis’ cooking.
- Eating food will grant beneficial effects to the characters.
- There’s also a “cooking level” that shows how well one can cook.
- You can acquire ingredients from shops in town or by defeating monsters.
- The demo will let you fight Behemoth. In order to fight him, you’ll need to search for his habitat in the forest. Behemoth is quite powerful, and could easily wipe your entire party if you’re not careful.
- If your HP hits 0, the other characters will be able to revive you.
Final Fantasy XV is in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Meanwhile, the Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae demo will be available when Final Fantasy Type-0 releases on March 17 in North America, March 19 in Japan, and March 20 in Europe.