Square Enix’s Active Time Report at Tokyo Game Show 2015 for Final Fantasy XV is currently going on, and the game’s English Twitter account is sharing some of the latest information that is being discussed.
Here’s what they had to share via tweets:
- The Niflheim Empire has achieved world domination — except for the Kingdom of Lucis, who has defied them with the crystal’s power
- King Regis is the crystal’s current guardian, and he too can wield weapons from thin air. In his youth he fought beside Cid and General Cor.
- Wondering why Regis has aged so dramatically? It lies in the need of his energy to maintain the shield around Lucis.
- Sadly, Noctis’s mother and Regis’s queen actually died when Noctis was still an infant.
- Luna is a highly revered "oracle," with the ability to talk to the gods. She is the youngest oracle ever.
- Also, what’s that double-sided spear Luna is holding?
- Luna lives in Tenebrae, a city under Niflheim control that has some autonomy thanks to her role as oracle.
- Luna is courageous—unfazed, even when surrounded by the Niflheim soldiers, as she possesses extreme inner strength.
- Luna and Noctis made a promise as children. We aren’t saying what yet, but it connects to the story.
- In the new artwork of Luna, there is a “black haired woman” behind Luna. Her name is Gentiana and she plays an important role.