Following brief details earlier this week, Square Enix shared patch notes showing everything that will be included for Final Fantasy XV’s day one “Crown Update.” Here’s what’s listed on the game’s official website.
- Actions inspired from the “Omen” trailer by Digic Pictures have been added to the game:
- “Shift (Warp) Drop Kick” (With daggers equipped)
- “Backwards Shift (Warp) Magic” (Short-ranged elemental magic activate)
- Here are some examples of Wait Mode-exclusive abilities added to Ability Call in order to enhance the experience of Wait Mode:
- Libra Speed Increase: You can acquire information more quickly through Libra.
- Wait Gauge Recovery: Defeating enemies will recover your Wait Gauge.
- Surprise Attack Shift Break: When using Shift Break against enemies that aren’t targeting you, it’ll make it easier to destroy the part of your target.
- Final Blow Shift Break: Damage multiplier increases when using a Shift Break against enemies with half their HP or lower.
- Screen effects added for battles to make Noctis’ HP status easier to understand:
- The entire screen will have a light red filter when HP is lower than 25%.
- The entire screen will be covered in a dark red filter when in a pinch.
- Enemy Whistle will be available to acquire. This item brings out enemies, but it won’t always be a guarantee.
- Movements executed during MP Burst will be canceled. Attempting a Shift (warp) during the MP Burst will also cause it to fail.
- You can now use Shift (warp) to travel forward while outside of battle.
- A “Music Player” item has been added so that you can listen to your favorite songs while walking.
- A new gallery that shows dishes that Ignis acquired and species of fishes that Noctis caught has been added.
- The car will no longer stop while opening the menu during auto-drive.
- A new “Regalia Shop” has been added, allows you to make purchases while riding the Regalia.
- The Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and Omen trailer scenes that weren’t able to fit in the disc were added.
- Fixed various bugs
- Adjustments and enhancements to further improve gameplay:
- Camera adjustments for narrow areas.
- Menu usability improved.
- Others functions to enhance convenience.
- Main Scenario Improvements – Adjustments to improve the main scenario experience:
- Changes to towns to fit scenarios better.
- Changes to open world to fit scenarios better.
- Additional Gameplay Improvements – Side-qest balance adjustments, more variety in dishes, more fish and fishing hotspots added.
- Leviathan Battle Improvement – The fight against Leviathan has been brushed up to improve its battle experience.
Final Fantasy XV releases on November 29, 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.