Square Enix shared the latest on Final Fantasy XV in a press release, with details pertaining to the day one “Crown Update” and a message from director Hajime Tabata about spoilers.
Now that Final Fantasy XV has gone gold, in order to provide the best possible experience for the players, the development team is working on various adjustments and fixes that will come through updates. The first, dubbed the “Crown Update,” has the following:
- Camera improvements will make it easier to track action going on in narrow areas.
- The new “Wait Mode” function (makes it so the game automatically waits when you stop command inputs) will get an ability tree for more in-depth strategic elements.
- A “Monster Whistle” that can be used to call out monsters will be added.
- New event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and “Omen” trailer will be added.
- Recipes and fish varieties, as well as a gallery, will be added for players who enjoy collecting items.
- Social network function will be added, allowing players to upload Prompto’s photographs to Facebook and Twitter.
And finally, here’s the message from director Hajime Tabata:
“We are nearing the release date of November 29. I’m wishing from the bottom of my heart that everyone will get to enjoy the game with a fresh new feeling. However, we’ve confirmed that some packages of Final Fantasy XV have been released around some parts of the world, with gameplay videos being uploaded to the Internet. This may be inevitable due to regional circumstances, but it’s something we regret very much.”
“It’s our big goal to have everyone enjoy the story of Final Fantasy XV and discover its surprises through the simultaneous global release. There are likely other spoiler videos and such circulating out there that we had not expected, so for those of you looking forward to Final Fantasy XV, we hope that you’ll be careful.”
“We are doing everything we can to prevent the circulation of the spoiler videos. For those of you that received the game earlier, please keep those who’ve waited a long time for the game in consideration. In order to meet the best possible release date with everybody, we ask for your understanding and cooperation.”
Final Fantasy XV releases in November 29, 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.