Fire Emblem Heroes has shared some tidbits of information coming to the mobile strategy game with some major changes and additions coming to the Ver. 3.1.0 update in early January.
The following are some changes and additions planned for early January:
New Weapon Type: Beast
Heroes with the Beast weapon type will arrive!
Legendary Effects and Mythic Effects
To allow for Legendary Heroes and Mythic Heroes to play a more active role, Legendary Effects and Mythic Effects are being expanded.
Legendary Heroes will receive a Mythic Effect when deployed with a Mythic Hero in Aether Raids during a season that matches both of their blessing types.
Mythic Heroes will receive a Legendary Effect when deployed with a Legendary Hero in battles outside of Aether Raids during a season that matches both of their blessing types.
- If Fjorm: Princess of Ice and Eir: Merciful Death are deployed in an Aether Raids raiding party, Fjorm: Princess of Ice will receive HP+5 and Res+5. Additionally, victory will earn more Lift.
- If Fjorm: Princess of Ice and Eir: Merciful Death are deployed in the Arena, Eir: Merciful Death will receive HP+3 and Spd+3. For opponent selection in the Arena, this effect will be treated the same as if the Hero has a blessing conferred on them.
In addition to this change, starting 1/15/19 at 12:00a.m., new Arena and Aether Raids seasons will both start on Tuesday at 12:00a.m., so swapping between Legendary Effect and Mythic Effect will not occur in the middle of a season.
The Aether Raids season that starts 1/7/19 at 12:00a.m. will be one day longer than usual, but will then return to their usual length afterward.
Aether Raids Update
Some structures will have their level cap increased:
- Aether Fountain: up to level 3 (max of 70 Aether replenished each day)
- Catapult (O): up to level 4
- Catapult (D): up to level 4
During placement, the Auto Setup feature will prioritize Mythic Heroes and Heroes with blessings who match the current season.
The ! icon displayed on the Aether Raids option in the battle menu will be hidden.
New Weapon Skills and Weapons to Refine
The following Heroes can learn these new character-specific weapon skills at 5★:
- Tome of Thoron – Hero who can learn this skill: Tailtiu – Thunder Noble
- Tome of Thoron can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery after it has been obtained.
- To learn weapon skills, tap Allies, then Ally Growth, and then Learn Skills.
The following weapons can be upgraded or can gain additional special effects by using Arena Medals and Divine Dew and the Heroes who can learn the skills:
- Tyrfing – Seliph: Heir of Light
- Naga – Julia: Naga’s Blood
- Divine Naga – Deirdre: Lady of the Forest
Note: To access Weapon Refinery, you must clear Book I, Chapter 13 in the main story and then clear the second intermission map, The Rite of Blades.
Additional Heroes via Heroic Grails
The following Heroes will be available to summon using Heroic Grails:
- Azura: Young Songstress
- Gharnef: Dark Pontifex
- In the Catalog of Heroes, the mini units of Veronica: Brave Princess and Loki: The Trickster will appear with their exclusive weapon skills.
- A display issue in full-screen mode on the latest iPad Pro will be addressed.
In February 2019 the Merge Allies feature is getting a major update. Here’s more about some of its changes:
About the Expansion
The stat increase experienced by Heroes during their first merge will be larger than before.
For Heroes with an Asset and a Flaw: In addition to two stats increasing (as happens to prior to the update), their Flaw stat will also increase.
Example: Merging a level 40 5★: Eir: Merciful Death (Asset: Spd, Flaw: Res) for the first time.
For Heroes without an Asset and a Flaw: in addition to two stats increasing (as happens prior to the update), those stats will increase by 2 instead of 1 and one of the remaining three stats will increase by 1. (Which stat is increased will vary by Hero.)
Example: Merging a level 40 5★: Eir: Merciful Death (no Asset or Flaw) for the first time.
Since the effects of the second through tenth merges will be unchanged, level 40 5★: Heroes merged to +10 after the update will have a total stat difference of +3 or +4 compared to before the update. The stat-raising effect will also come into play during opponent selection in the Arena.
Fire Emblem Heroes is available for iOS and Android. The game’s latest Legendary Hero banner featuring “Azura: Vallite Songstress” is now available.