Unchained Blades developer FuRyu recently teased something called “Project Legacy” earlier this month, which has been revealed as The Legend of Legacy, an upcoming Nintendo 3DS RPG being made by former Squaresoft developers, according to his week’s Famitsu magazine.
FuRyu have yet to share much about The Legend of Legacy, but revealed that it’s being made by a range of developers who previously worked on big titles for Square. Here are some notable roles and names:
- Illustrator: Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series)
- Designer: Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series)
- Background art: Misako Tsutsui (Secret of Mana)
- Composer: Masashi Hamauzu (Unlimited Saga, Final Fantasy XIII series)
- Text Direction: Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII)
The above is a little glimpse at what the game looks like. More details will be revealed soon.
The Legend of Legacy is slated for release in Japan on January 22, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS. Here’s the game’s official website.