Ahead of Final Fantasy XIV‘s Shadowbringers expansion debut, Square Enix has decided to allow former players a chance to briefly return to Eorzea. A free login campaign has been announced on the official website and will run between April 8 and June 17, 2019.
Here’s how this free Final Fantasy XIV period works. People who bought the game, but let their account lapse and become inactive for at least 30 days can come back and play for free for seven days. It kicked off at 1am PT on April 8, 2019, and people get seven full days to play the game again. Their free login campaign period begins the day they log back into the game. If someone takes full advantage, that can mean up to 168 hours of access.
Square Enix did note a few limitations and important details to remember during his Final Fantasy XIV free login campaign. They mainly go over eligibility and remind people that server maintenance can and will happen during this event.
- The free login period begins as soon as you log into the game launcher using your Square Enix user name and password.
- Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately seven days. For example, players who log in on April 20, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT) can play free of charge until April 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (PDT)
- Players who are logged in when their free login period expires will be forcibly logged out from the game.
- Players with multiple service accounts registered to a single Square Enix account cannot participate if at least one of the accounts is currently active.
- Service accounts that have been canceled or suspended due to a violation of the service agreement cannot participate.
- Players who purchase a subscription during their free login period will forfeit the remaining duration of said period.
- Players cannot log in using a platform on which their service accounts have not been registered.
- Players can log in using all platforms on which their service account has been registered.
- When attempting to participate in the free login campaign using a Square Enix account with multiple service accounts, the free login period will be valid only for the first service account selected upon logging in. Please note that you may be unable to participate in the free login campaign with more than one service account at a time. If you cannot log in using a second service account even after meeting all other requirements, we ask that you wait for the free login period to expire on your first service account and try again.
- Server maintenance may be carried out during the free login period. Please note that you will be unable to log in to the game during maintenance.
- In accordance with the expansion of the North American data center, maintenance is scheduled to take place for an extended period on Tuesday, April 23, 2019. Please note that you will be unable to log into the game during this maintenance.
Final Fantasy XIV is available on the PlayStation 4 and PC. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers will arrive on July 2, 2019.