In a recent interview during E3, Masanori Takeuchi from FromSoftware gave a slightly more specific answer as to when we can see Metal Wolf Chaos XD released, what issues cropped up during the HD remaster, and more. [Thanks, Famitsu!]
Here are the highlights:
- According to Takeuchi, the game’s mastered copy has already been sent out, so it’s only a matter of time before Metal Wolf Chaos XD comes out. More “specifically”, it’ll be out “while the weather’s still warm”.
- The thing that took the most time was the fact that the game was running on technology from two generations ago. The porting company at General Arcade are young and talented, but didn’t have the experience working with the technology.
- XD will run at 30 FPS, just like the original game.
- Regarding whether there will be more for the IP after this, they’ll be looking at how this rerelease does first. Takeuchi states that sadly, he has nothing exciting to say in this regard. This game is not being rereleased in preparation for Metal Wolf Chaos 2, or anything like that.
- Originally, Takeuchi and the team didn’t want to do this project, as the game itself is quite old. They couldn’t really see a future in releasing an HD version. They told Devolver Digital this, and Devolver Digital reassured them that, yes, there were people waiting for this to happen.
- Considering that FromSoftware have only been making fantasy games recently, Takeuchi hopes that this game will shed some light to new players on a different side to FromSoftware’s works.
Metal Wolf Chaos XD will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC “while the weather’s still warm”.