Publisher FuRyu announced a new action RPG for PS4 called Cry Star in the latest issue of V-Jump magazine. Its story is written by Naoki Hisaya, formerly of Key, known as one of Kanon’s scenario writers. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Here are some of the revealed staff:
- Scenario: Naoki Hisaya
- Character Design: Riuichi
- Character Design & Modeling Art: ntny
- BGM: Sakuzyo
- Theme Song: Nagi Yanagi
- Opening Animation: Shaft
- Developer: Gemdrops
After being drawn into limbo and killing her sister, Rei takes on the role as an agent of the demons to fight their enemies. She made a deal with the devil and will use tears as her weapon to reap souls.
Here are some of the key characters:
- Rei Hatada (CV: Reina Kondou)
- Mirai Hatada (CV: Sayaka Senbongi) – Rei’s sister
- Mephis (CV: Shiori Izawa) – A straitlaced manager of limbo
- Pheles (CV: Rika Tachibana) – An emotionally unstable manager of limbo
The battlefield takes place in the world of the afterlife. You’ll work your way to the bottom of this world where the souls wander. By shedding tears in this world, the “Last Grasp” are purified. With mental growth comes “Mental Armor.” The Last Grasps will follow the girls as they defeat enemies. Rei’s hatred for herself and struggles are the source of her own Mental Armor.
Cry Star releases in Japan on October 18, 2018 for PlayStation 4. It’ll go for 7,980 yen at retail.