Since the departure of Hideo Baba, there’s been a void in the Tales of series’ producer seat, but it’s been revealed in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine that God Eater producer Yusuke Tomizawa will take over. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
The interview features Tomizawa, who is the producer of the Tales of Vesperia Remaster, as well as Yoshito Higuchi who previously worked as the chief director for the Tales of series.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- “We’re planing on remasters and remakes for the Tales of series based on what’s being requested.”
- “(Tomizawa-san) will take on the role as a new producer in charge of console game development, including the new title that was announced during the Tales of Festival 2018.” More on that in our previous report.
- “For now the focus is to release one console game which hasn’t been done in a while.”
- “I’m not working directly on Crestoria. It is being planned as an entry point title to the series with a completely new and original story that is different from the all-star kind of game.”
- (On Tomizawa’s structure) “I can’t say anything about it for now. But I’ve been working on it quietly from the start.”
- “The development is being handled by Bandai Namco studio. It has reliable members who helped build the series.”
- Yoshito Higuchi: “I’m also working on other titles.”