During the Dengeki video game festival that took place over this weekend, Compile Heart revealed Godly Prison Tower: Mary Skelter for PlayStation Vita. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
The above is a look at the game’s teaser trailer. Godly Prison Tower: Mary Skelter is an upcoming cross-media collaboration project between Compile Heart, Dengeki Bunko, and Dengeki PlayStation.
Here are some key highlights for the game:
- The stage is set in Japan. The 3D dungeon crawler takes place in the year 1999, September, where a living “Jail” suddenly appeared and made a large city sink 666 meters underground.
- Following the sudden creation of this Jail, creatures known as “Marchen” appeared in the underground. Marchen has since then been capturing and imprisoning humans in the prison.
- The protagonist is a young man imprisoned in the Jail, named “Jack.” He will work with “Alice” (CV: Sumire Uesaka) in finding a way to escape out of Jail.
- The living Jail consists of three great desires (appetite, sexual desire, and sleep), and you’ll need to go through it all to make it back above. In order to escape back to the land, it’ll be required to “grow” the Jail more than 666 meters.
- With the whole city swallowed by the Jail, the Marchen have continued imprisoning humans, and several girls have been born since then, living within Jail. For an unknown reason, these girls have “awakened” from the blood of Marchen, with vastly increased physical abilities, these girls formed an organization called the “Blood Type Girl Corps,” and aim to find a way to escape from Jail.
- A member from the Blood Type Girl Corps, named “Akazukin” (Little Red Riding Hood) will work together with Jack and Alice in finding a way to escape.
- The Blood Type Girl Corps also has other members such as “Oyayubihime” (Thumbelina), “Shirayukihime” (Snow White), “Nemurihime” (Sleeping Beauty), and more. Each member has names based off fairy tales.
- The pink blood that spills from the fight against the Marchen will be tied to the game’s battle, dungeons, and growth.
- Similar to the Danganronpa games, they made the blood look unrealistic so that those that feel uneasy with blood in general can play it with ease.
- Dungeons have elements that involve puzzle-solving using items such as bow and arrows, bombs, and other items.
- While dungeon exploring, you might panic when coming across a Marchen boss named “Nightmare” (shown above). These guys will ignore the one move per turn rule, and will chase you down in real-time.
- And yes—since it’s a Compile Heart game, you can expect to see more from what’s shown in the above image. The game will feature more of “dark sexy” looks to it, too.
Godly Prison Tower: Mary Skelter is in development for PlayStation Vita. We’ll get more details in a Dengeki PlayStation issue for March 31.