Google announced the winners of its Google Play Best of 2022 Awards, and Genshin Impact won for Best Ongoing Game. Other winners in the games categories included Apex Legends Mobile, Dislyte, and the mobile edition of Papers, Please. Voting for the User’s Choice category opened in November 2022.
This isn’t the first time Genshin Impact has made it to the podium at Google’s Best of Awards selection. In 2020 HoYoVerse’s open-world free-to-play action RPG took home the Best Game of 2020 award. That year it was also nominated for the best User’s Choice Game category, but lost to SpongeBob: Krusty Cook-Off.
This year, the Google Play Awards 2022 Best Game honor went to Apex Legends Mobile, which also won the User’s Choice Game award in the U.S.
Check out the full list of Google Play Awards 2022 game winners below.
- Best Overall Game: Apex Legends Mobile
- User’s Choice: Apex Legends Mobile
- Best Multiplayer: Dislyte
- Best Pick Up & Play: Angry Birds Journey
- Best Indies: Dicey Dungeons
- Best Story (new category): Papers, Please
- Best Ongoing (new category): Genshin Impact
- Best on Play Pass: Very Little Nightmares
- Best for Tablets: Tower of Fantasy
- Best for Chromebooks (new category): Roblox
These results are for the Google Play Awards 2022 in the United States. Nominees and winners can also vary by region in some categories, and based on local availability. For example, Nexon announced that Blue Archive had won the User’s Choice game award in Korea.
In Japan, the winner for Best Game was Heaven Burns Red, which also won the User’s Choice award.
Here’s a list of game winners for Japan’s Google Play Awards 2022. Not all categories are the same across regions.
- Best Game: Heaven Burns Red
- User’s Choice: Heaven Burns Red
- Most Exciting: Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel
- Cute & Casual: Dragon Quest Keshi Keshi!
- Best Indies: SOULVARS
- Best Story: Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile
- Best Ongoing: Puzzle & Dragons
- Best on Play Pass: Final Fantasy VII