Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia showcased the latest on their upcoming PS4 action-adventure game, Gravity Rush 2, with info on asynchronous online features and more during a recent live stream. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
Here are some highlights of info shared during the stream:
- Online events can activate in the middle of gameplay. You can confirm its location on the map.
- “Photo Review” is a feature that allows you to check out photos from other players, it’s demonstrated as the first thing in the above video. You can also share your own photos and get “likes” from other players for points called “Dusty Tokens. (There are other ways to acquire the tokens). You’ll unlock rewards whenever you reach a certain amount of Dusty Tokens.
- In “Treasure hunting,” you’ll find a vast number of treasures on the map. Players who find the treasures can leave hunts for other players using photos. The players that receive the hints can then enjoy some treasure hunting with the clue.
- “Challenge Mission” is where you can compete with players (ghosts) from around the world. You’ll also get to sent written challenges for this as well.
- The number of enemies and mineral quantities are determined by the number of participating players at the “Mine.” By destroying minerals it’ll increase their value rises, and enemies appear accordingly. These powerful enemies drop “Talismans” that Kat can equip. Basically, Talismans are accessories that affect Kat’s stats, similar to Bloodborne’s Blood Gems.
- In addition to gems, the Mine has “Gemstones” that can be found. When you take one of these home, you can break them down for Talismans. Think of it as a gacha-like system.
- Mines also have “Lost Articles” that can be found. These are left behind by players that get KO’d while in a Mine. Dying in a Mine area will make you drop half your Gemstones and other items. Players who discover Lost Articles can then pick them up and keep it for themselves.
And finally, here’s a look at some costume introduction from the gameplay demo.
Gravity Rush 2 releases in North America on January 20, Japan on January 19, and Europe on January 18, 2017 for PlayStation 4.