A series of teases about an upcoming online event ended up being already revealed. While gradual bits and pieces of an image where being shared on Twitter by an array of companies, it didn’t take too long for an answer to come in. A Guerrilla Collective “digital games festival” has been uncovered and announced. It looks to be a means for independent developers and publishers to reveal games in place of now canceled events like E3 2020. An official press release went out noting that it will be the first of four shows appearing on June 6, 2020. It will be held at 10am PT on Twitch, followed by Paradox Insider at 11:30am PT, PC Gaming Show at 12pm PT, and Future Games Show at 2:30pm PT.
The Guerrilla Collective Twitter account was found and shared by Jamie Davey. Its official website is not yet open and no tweets have been shared yet. However, its Twitter bio reads, “All new online digital games festival to reveal fresh announcements, trailers, gameplay and more from the hottest developers and publishers around the world!” It is following an array of developers and publishers.
Here is a list of all the developers and publishers Guerrilla Collective happens to be following and some notable games they worked on. Many of them also tweeted out part of the event’s image.
- 11 Bit Studios (Children of Morta)—It tweeted part of the image.
- Atomic Wolf (Liberated)
- Coffee Stain (Goat Simulator and Satisfactory)—It shared part of the image.
- Fellow Traveler (Neo Cab and In Other Waters)—It shared some of the logo.
- The Game Bakers (Haven, Furi, and Combo Crew)
- Good Shepherd Entertainment (Monster Train & The Eternal Cylinder)—It had a part of the logo tweeted out.
- Headup (Colt Canyon)—It shared part of the logo.
- Humble (East of Eden and Them’s Fightin’ Herds)—It shared a mysterious image.
- Larian Studios (Baldur’s Gate 3)—It also tweeted a part of the event’s logo.
- Media Indie Exchange, which usually handles The MIX events during E3
- Modern Wolf (Necronator: Dead Wrong)—It shared a bit of Guerilla Collective’s image.
- NeonHive (Wavey the Rocket)
- Paradox Interactive (Crusader Kings III and Stellaris)
- Raw Fury (Dandara)—It shared a bit of the event’s logo too.
- Rising Star Games (Deadly Premonition 2)—It also tweeted a part of the event’s logo.
- Techland (Dying Light and Dying Light 2)
- Those Awesome Guys (Move or Die and Monster Prom)—It also tweeted a part of the event’s logo.
- Thunderful Publishing (Lonely Mountains: Downhill)
- United Label Games (Eldest Souls and Roki)
- Versus Evil (Cardpocalypse and Wintermoor Tactics Club)
- Ysbryd Games (VA-11 HALL-A, N1RV Ann-A, and World of Horror)
As an aside, Carry Castle (Source of Madness) also tweeted a part of the event’s logo, but is not followed by the event on Twitter.
Update: The official website is now open. It notes that additional announcements will be made at 10am PT on June 7 and 8, 2020. It also has a growing list of participating developers and publishers.