Nexon’s US version of MapleStory is seeing Sword Art Online characters and monsters invade its world.
Players can take part in a special dungeon from now till October the 14th where you’ll transform into either Kirito, Asuna or Leafa. Each will come with their own special skills and abilities to help overcome challenges, which were boss monsters in Sword Art Online’s VRMMO of Aincrad.
The dungeon is five floors long, and if you’re able to hunt down that elusive Ragout Rabbit, Asuna will cook it for you you’ll be able to regain health and mana while dungoneering. Once at the end, you’ll face off randomly against either The Gleam Eyes, The Skull Reaper or The Fatal Scythe.
While you can only do the dungeon once a day, you can also buy more SAO coins to re-access the dungeon. There’s a point to this beyond just picking up all the items that will come out of random boxes and special boss familiars after winning though; Each server will see 15 top players get special permanent duration titles for clearing the dungeons the most times, including the almighty title of Beater and its attendant benefits.
- Clearer: Permanent duration, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +5, Max HP/MP +300, Accuracy +50, Avoidability +50. Untradeable. One-of-a-kind item.
- Premium Clearer: Permanent duration, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +12, Max HP/MP +500, Accuracy +100, Avoidability +100. Untradeable. One-of-a-kind item.
- Black Swordsman: Permanent duration, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +15, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +15, Speed +15, Jump +15. Untradeable. One-of-a-kind item.
- Beater: Permanent duration, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +20, Max HP/MP +1000, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +28, Weapon DEF/Magic DEF +250. Untradeable. One-of-a-kind item.
- This medal will be given out to 15 accounts per world with characters that have cleared the dungeon the most times between 9/17 – 10/14. Normal and Premium clears will both be included in the clear count. The medal will be distributed during a maintenance after the event ends.
You can also purchase Sword Art Online costumes, including Heathcliff’s and a set of Yui’s ALO costume to wear. Yui herself is also available as a little sprite who will fly around you. For full details you can check out Nexon’s site here.
MapleStory is out now on PC.