Cover is releasing new Hololive merchandise made in collaboration with the Japanese Pacific Baseball League, featuring a dozen popular VTubers in uniforms from the league’s six teams. The collaboration also includes illustrations by Ichigo Kagawa and Sakura Kurihara, and a special “Hololive Day” baseball game on October 3, 2021. [Thanks, Game Watch!]
The collaboration features a total of 12 Hololive talent in various baseball team uniforms, with illustrations of the VTubers in both regular and chibi form. Participating teams include the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, Rakuten Eagles, Seibu Lions, Lotte Marines, Orix Buffaloes, and SoftBank Hawks. Notably, Cover also plans to sell 1:1 scale cutout standees of all 12 collaboration illustrations sometime later in 2021.
Furthermore, the illustrations include various references to each VTuber’s background and usual outfit with a little twist. Usada Pekora’s uniform, in particular, features orange baseball bats in her twin ponytails instead of her signature carrots. Korone’s baseball bat is also drawn to look like a human finger.
Below is a list of all participating Hololive VTubers and their respective representing teams:
- Usada Pekora and Towa Tokoyami – Nippon Ham Fighters
- Aki Rosenthal and Rushia Uruha – Rakuten Eagles
- Fubuki Shirakami and Botan Shishiro – Seibu Lions
- Subaru Oozora and Marine Houshou – Lotte Marines
- Natsuiro Matsuri and Noel Shirogane – Orix Buffaloes
- Inugami Korone and Amane Kanata – SoftBank Hawks
Additionally, Cover will also be selling specially branded hats, tote bags, face towels, and celebratory twin bats on the official collaboration website starting August 15, 2021. The same merchandise will be sold at the stadiums of participating games.
Check out the full list of products and their prices below:
- Baseball Cap – ¥3,900 (about $35)
- Tote Bag – ¥2,900 (about $26)
- Face Towel – ¥2,500 (about $22)
- Twin Bats – ¥1,650 (about $15)
Pre-orders for the Japanese baseball Hololive collaboration merchandise will start on August 15, 2021, and will ship in September 2021. The first Hololive collaboration baseball game will be held on October 3, 2021.