Treasure recently announced that its vertical shoot ‘em up title Ikaruga is headed to PS4 soon. We now have a release date of June 29, and it’ll come with 4K support for PS4 Pro and 4K monitors.
As far as content codes, the game is a complete port of the Steam version of Ikaruga, which released in February 2014. Here are more details from its product page:
Shoot! Dodge! and… Get Hit!?
Ikaruga is a vertical shoot ’em up that features an unique polarity-switching gameplay.
Switch the ship’s polarity and “get hit and absorb” enemy bullets!
Achieve High Score with the chain bonus!
- The player ship, all enemies and bullets are black or white.
Player’s polarity can be switched at will.
- Your ship can absorb enemy bullets of the same polarity.
Filled energy goes to fire powerful homing lasers! (Release Power)
- Defeat 3 enemies in a row of the same polarity and get the chain bonus!
Building up high scores feels like a puzzle game?
- Spectacular 3D graphics. Fast and smooth game play.
- 2 Players game (Local) and
Double Play Mode: You can play 2 Players game with one controller.
- 5 levels. Tactical level design and boss battles.
- 3 difficulty levels: EASY, NORMAL, HARD.
Change your tactics depending on the difficulty.
- 2 Game modes: ARCADE, PROTOTYPE (not hidden).
- Replay data save is available.
You can also download them from the Leaderboards.
- Vertical screen mode support.
You can also play the game like a side-scrolling shooter by rotating only the game screen.
- Xbox360 controller, Keyboard and Mouse support.
Ikaruga released for arcades, Dreamcast, GameCube, Xbox 360, PC, and Nintendo Switch.