Publisher Arc System Works shared new details on the APlus-developed action fighter Kill la Kill the Game: IF with info on its gameplay systems in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Using simple controls, players will get to freely run about in the 3D fields.
- There are no command moves, but attacks that can be pulled off with a directional key and button.
- In addition to dash, step, and guard, there are also ranged attacks.
- Players will get to perform combos by button-mashing, plus a finishing attack that comes with various scenes with a last directional input.
- There’s a triangle system that has break attacks, blows, and guards in one part, and blows, evasive read attacks, and evasive actions.
- There are special attacks that activates a “verbal battle” which also comes with its own triangle system of provoke, abuse, and mock.
- By winning you’ll increase Blood Authority level, which increases the character’s stats.
Kill la Kill: The Game IF releases in 2019 for PlayStation 4 and PC. You can check out its latest trailer and screenshots in our previous report. You can also check Siliconera’s interview to learn more about the game from key staff.