During a recent Killer Instinct Twitch livestream, Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Isgreen revealed a batch of new information on Killer Instinct: Season 3, which is slated to launch in March, exclusively through Windows 10.
Isgreen also confirmed that the character Tusk would be joining the game’s roster, along with Kim Wu and the Battletoad Rash, the latter of which was announced during Gamescom last Summer.
Here are some more details revealed during the livestream, compiled by galaxxus on Reddit.
- An updated Dojo Tutorial
- Tusk and Kim Wu have been confirmed to appear at launch and both will have retro costumes
- More characters will be available at launch than there were in the launch of Season 2. The remaining few will be available in the coming months.
- Everyone on the roster will have tweaks to help balance the game to compensate for the new features and mechanics being introduced in Season 3.
- Two characters that are currently on the roster will be re-worked. That means their set ups and how they gain meter will be different. It is confirmed that these two characters are not Glacius, Aganos, or Shadow Jago.
- Although Ultimates for every character isn’t confirmed, it is possible for all the characters to receive Ultimates due to the tech they developed when they created ARIA.
- They will reveal more information at Pax South in San Antonio, TX sometime between January 29-31
- There will be more community bundles in Season 3 due to the success of the Shadow Jago Fund Raiser. The purpose of the Fund Raisers will be determined by the community on what they want to see in Season 3 that didn’t make the cut by launch. So if you want to see a certain guest character, stage, mode, feature, ect. that didn’t make the cut, make yourself heard. They are actively seeking out the community’s input.
Killer Instinct: Season 3 will launch through Windows 10 in March. To clarify, “Windows 10 exclusive” means that it’ll only be available through the Windows 10 store. It will also be available for Xbox One.