SNK Playmore announced that their upcoming fighter The King of Fighters XIV will release in North and South America on August 23, 2016. Here are the latest details and three new trailers.
The above is a look at two new trailers, one for the gameplay and the other for the characters.
Following are some details from the official website:
Brand New! “KOF” Evolves to the Next Generation…
The King of Fighters series has enjoyed huge success across the globe since its birth in 1994.
The latest installment and true successor to the main (numbered) series, has finally been revealed! Game visuals have evolved into 3D graphics, however The King of Fighters XIV keeps the classic 2D gameplay and “3-on-3 Team Battle” game system. Furthermore, various new multiplayer online modes such as “Party Battle” are featured!
Story: New Chapter
A Brand New King of Fighters Saga!
The KOF Series’ storyline has been continuing over the Orochi, Nests, and Ash story arcs. KOF’s rich story has not finished, and returns in a brand new exciting arc with The King of Fighters XIV
- 3-On-3: KOF’s traditional game system is back! Select your favorite 3 fighters from the game’s gorgeous character roster, and fight to victory via King of Fighter‘s traditional and most praised “3-on-3 TEAM BATTLE” game system!
- Climax Cancel: Ultimate Combos! The combination system has evolved in The King of Fighters XIV, allowing players to strike up to three Super Special Moves in the same combination for astonishing damage!
- New Max Mode: A refined Max Mode! KOF Series’ emblematic MAX Mode returns in The King of Fighters XIV with significant improvements! Activating the MAX Mode gives access to EX Special Moves for unlimited combo and damage possibilities!
- Rush: A new feature that can be enjoyed even by newbies.The newly introduced “RUSH” feature allows even novice players to perform combos by mashing the square button!
Mode: Game Mode
A plethora of game modes. The King of Fighters XIV features a large variety of game modes such as Story Mode, VS Mode, and a Gallery Mode for the best King of Fighters experience ever.
- Party Battle: A new fighting game experience. Duke it out with as many as six people (three players on each team) in VS Online “Party Battle”! Feel the heat of an authentic fighting game tournament experience via PSN!
- Online Training: Learn techniques from the best players! Low experienced players can learn how to become stronger with master players via the “Online Training” feature! Both players can communicate with each other with the common goal of strengthening the disciple!
- Communication: Various communication possibilities! The King of Fighters XIV will make full of PlayStation 4 ‘s online functions such as the “Online Profile” and “Comment” features in order to foster player communication and communities!
Those who pre-order the game will get the “Classic Kyo” costume, which you can check out in the above video.
The King of Fighters XIV will release in North America and South America on August 23, 2016 for PlayStation 4. The game will release in Japan on August 25.