The last Super Mario Maker 2 update is upon us. On April 22, 2020, a patch will go out adding new features to the game. Most notable is an entirely new mode called World Maker. However, a number of new and returning power-ups will also be available for people to apply to levels. It will also mark something of a family reunion, as the seven Koopalings will appear as enemies.
As you can guess from the name, the Super Mario Maker 2 World Maker lets you create your own world map. Tou can have up to 40 levels spread across 8 worlds, deciding what goes where and how the map ends up looking.
The Super Mario Maker 2 update power-ups represent both old and new items. Here’s the list of all the different power-ups that you’ll be able to add to your courses.
- Super Mario Bros. 2’s Mushroom, which lets you ride on and lift enemies.
- Super Mario Bros. 3’s Frog Suit, which makes swimming easier.
- Super Mario World’s Power Balloon, which inflates Mario and lets him float through levels.
- New Super Mario Bros. U’s Super Acorn, which turns him into a hovering flying squirrel.
- Super Mario 3D Land’s Propeller Box, which lets him fly into the air.
- Super Mario 3D World’s Boomerang Flower, which gives Mario a boomerang and Cannon Box, which lets him fire cannonballs.
Other new power-ups include the Red POW Box, that gives Mario a POW Block head for three uses, and a Goomba Mask that makes enemies thing Mario is another enemy, and a Bullet Bill Head that lets you temporarily blast through the air for a limited amount of time.
As far as enemies go, the final Super Mario Maker 2 update brings familiar foes back. All of the Koopalings will be available. Super Mario Bros. 2’s Phanto also will show up to try and take keys. The Super Mario World Mechakoopas, which are also famous for their Mario & Luigi appearances, can be added too.
Here’s a trailer looking at everything that’s on the way.
Super Mario Maker 2 is available for the Nintendo Switch. The last “major” Super Mario Maker 2 update will arrive on April 22, 2020.