NIS America shared the latest on Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! with plenty of new information about the game’s story and characters on the official website. Here’s what the game’s story is all about.
Japan—The Sengoku Period.
The years of civil war and unrest between feudal lords has finally come to an end.
This story is set in Arcanus Cella.
A realm where souls, burdened by regret, gather.
The only way a soul can leave this realm and return to the cycle of reincarnation… is to lift that regret.
For some, their hopes were fulfilled.
For others, their dreams were crushed.
Now, a new story begins…
In Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku!, the souls of the Sengoku Era’s feudal lords have gathered in Arcanus Cella, where they wander aimlessly burdened by regret. By freeing these souls from their regrets, the player will gain new allies.
- Yukimura: The first lord that the player meets in Arcanus Cella. He explains to the player what Arcanus Cella is, and teaches them how to release souls from their regrets.
- Ranmaru: He lost his master because of a certain incident, and died filled with regret. He has an easygoing attitude and tries to get along with other lords.
- Chacha: The wife of a famous Sengoku lord. She’s very secretive about her “passion.” Whatever it is, it’s also the source of the regret weighing on her soul.
- Masamune: A lord known as “The One-Eyed Dragon.” He died never knowing why he was called “The one-Eyed Dragon.” And thus did his soul become burdened by regret.
- And Many More!: You can recruit lords who don’t appear in the story by challenging EX Dungeons, which are different from normal dungeons. There are 50 lords that you can become comrades with! Take on the Extra Dungeons to recruit new Lords!
Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku releases in North America and Europe in Spring 2017 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC. You can read more about the game’s system, including game summary, dungeons, magic circles, edit features, and more here.