We recently got a look at Level-5’s new mecha action-packed Megaton Musashi during Level-5 Vision 2016. In an interview with Famitsu, company CEO Akihiro Hino shared a few words that hints at a possible PlayStation 4, or even NX, development for their fifth cross-media project. [Thanks, Hachima.]
Here are some of the highlights from the interview:
- Megaton Musashi will be something that goes all-out with robots. It has a world setting that will resonate with the generation of older folks.
- The protagonist is Yamato Ichidaiji, but you’ll get to see it in the perspective of characters other than Yamato. Think of it like Danball Senki Wars.
- There’s a focus of showing the cool factor of robots in Megaton Musashi, along with the “awesome action that takes place inside the cockpit” where you’ll see characters shouting out special attack names and pulling levers.
- We got to see a toy that resembles Musashi’s cockpit, but Hino hopes to have something that resembles something that connects to the game like what we saw in Steel Battalion on Xbox.
- Supporting hardware is still being decided, but for now Level-5 is thinking about 3DS developments. Since Megaton Musashi’s production revolves around giant robots and anime, Hino said that they’re considering high-spec consoles that will allow you to fully enjoy such contents. He also said that if possible, he’d like players to play on screens that are as large as possible.
Megaton Musashi is expected to launch in Summer 2017. Western release plans have yet to be decided and determined.