Bad Habit Productions announced Marble It Up! yesterday for Nintendo Switch – a spiritual successor to other baller genre games such as Marble Blast, with Marble Blast creator Mark Frohnmayer as the executive producer.
The game is releasing in September 2018, and is a pure physics platformer that focuses on 30 second or two minute runs. The game will have new elements such as curved surfaces, rotating platforms, and gravity platforms.
Here’s a trailer below:
Marble It Up! is a collaboration between true independent studios. Launched by Bad Habit Productions and developed by The Engine Company, Alvios, Arcturus Interactive, and Shapes And Lines, the Marble It Up! team brings a deep and fresh breadth of game development experience to the Nintendo Switch.
Notable past titles led by members of this team include Starsiege Tribes, Tribes II, Marble Blast Gold, Marble Blast Ultra, the Torque Game Engine, Social City, QuiVR, and Disney City Girl, to name a few. It is an intense love for that genre and the simple joy of rolling that has led us to develop Marble It Up! – a new title for the next generation.
- Roll, bounce, and boost your way to the finish line across 40 visually striking maps!
- Runs beautifully in both docked and handheld modes at 60fps
- Unlock majestic marble skins!
- Race against your best times in Ghost Mode!
- Watch replays from the online Leaderboards (and learn from the best!)
- Use exciting power-ups to slow time, launch into the air, and glide your way to glory!
- FEEL the course with HD rumble support.
- Test your skills and smarts in an incredibly varied set of kinetic platforming puzzles!
Marble It Up! will be released for Nintendo Switch in September 2018.