Nintendo just updated Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with Version 1.1, which brings a number of bug fixes and adjustments, including the removal of an “offensive” Inkling Girl gesture.
The top image [via NeoGAF] is the original gesture, which has been removed due to it being considered a pretty offensive gesture in parts of Europe.
Here’s a look at the rest of the patch notes:
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is available for Nintendo Switch.