Takara Tomy made an actual Mario Kart toy. This is more than Mario in a remote control go kart. We’ve seen that before. The Choro Q Hybrid! Mario Kart Wii Vs. series has cars, a racetrack, and a system where you can use items during the race.
Classic items like mushrooms, Koopa shells, and banana peels are in the game. The controller has LEDs that let you know which of the five items you have.
– Mushroom – gives the driver a speed burst.
– Banana peel – attacks an opponent behind you.
– Koopa shell – attacks an opponent in front.
– Thunder – freezes your opponent.
– Star – protects the driver from an attack.
Items actually effect cars so you’ll see Mario zip along straightaways after chowing down on a mushroom. The Mario Kart Wii Vs. set has cars for Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, and Wario. Head over to Inside Game’s report from Toy Forum 2010 to see more photos of the vehicles and racetrack. The Choro Q Hybrid! Mario Kart Wii Vs. cars are scheduled to go on sale in June.