Levi-Strauss is collaborating with Nintendo on a line of Levi’s Mario clothing inspired by Super Mario, called Levi’s X Super Mario. It will be available through Levi’s online store in Japan, with an official Levi’s tweet suggesting an eventual worldwide debut. [Thanks, Game Watch!]
?x ?. Coming soon. pic.twitter.com/swd9i8TiW4
— Levi's® (@LEVIS) March 2, 2020
This Levi’s Mario collaboration will feature a lot of deluxe items with a street-wear vibe. Further, the goods feature Super Mario motifs, including mushrooms, invincibility stars, and appearances by both Mario and Luigi. While most items will be worth piles of gold coins, there will be goods for those of us with only a few gold coins jingling in our pockets.
Here’s a list of what products Levi-Strauss plans offer in the Levi’s Mario collab:
- ‘93 501 Selvedge Jeans – ¥16,000 (roughly $148)
- ‘93 501 Shorts – ¥8,000 (roughly $74)
- Overalls/Coveralls – ¥16,000 (roughly $148)
- Trucker Jacket – ¥14,000 (roughly $130)
- Crew Neck T-shirts – ¥4,000 (roughly $37)
- Hoodie – ¥9,000 (roughly $83)
- Polo Shirt – ¥6,000 (roughly $55)
- 501 Crop – ¥15,000 (roughly $139)
- 501 Shorts – ¥7,000 (roughly $64)
- Short Overalls/Coveralls – 10,000 (roughly $92)
- Dad Trucker Jacket – ¥14,000 (roughly $128)
Additionally, Levi-Strauss will offer a range of accessories, including bandanas, bags, fanny packs, and hats. These items will be priced from ¥2,500 to ¥4,500 (roughly $23 – $41).
Here’s a look at they do modern fashion in the Mushroom Kingdom:
In addition to this fashion collaboration, Nintendo still plans to launch Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan in June 2020 alongside the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Eager fans will have a chance to sport some stylish clothes when they visit.
Levi-Strauss’ Levi’s X Super Mario clothing line will launch on April 1, 2020 in Japan.