People are getting a chance to try Mario Strikers: Battle League before they buy it with a First Kick demo. However, there is a bit of a catch to it. This primarily provides a means to take part in online matches between June 3-5, 2022. That also means someone will need a Nintendo Switch Online active membership or trial to play online.
Here’s how it works. People can get the First Kick demo now. However, all that is in there is the training mode. This also requires someone to be online to use it. Then, once June begins, there will be six demo sessions available. People who turn up during those times can play against other people online. 10 characters will be available.
This is the schedule for June 3-5, 2022. Each one only lasts for one hour.
- Session 1: 8 p.m. PT/11 p.m. ET on June 3, 2022. 5 a.m. CET on June 4, 2022.
- Session 2: 4 a.m. PT/7 a.m. ET/1 p.m. CET on June 4, 2022.
- Session 3: 12 p.m. PT/3 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CET on June 4, 2022.
- Session 4: 8 p.m. PT/11 p.m. ET on June 4, 2022. 5 a.m. CET on June 5, 2022.
- Session 5: 4 a.m. PT/7 a.m. ET/1 p.m. CET on June 5, 2022.
- Session 6: 12 p.m. PT/3 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CET on June 5, 2022.
To help get an idea of what to expect ahead of the Mario Strikers: Battle League launch and demo, Nintendo shared a number of trailers. One focuses on moves and abilities like Hyper Strikes.
Ahead of the online sessions for the First Kick demo, Nintendo also announced people can sign up for a seven-day Nintendo Switch Online trial again.
Get a free 7-day trial of #NintendoSwitchOnline, even if you've already activated a previous free trial!
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) May 27, 2022
Mario Strikers: Battle League will come to the Nintendo Switch on June 10, 2022, and the First Kick demo is available now.