Mass Effect: Andromeda is a game that has potential, but also a number of technical issues. BioWare committed to providing a roadmap for future fixes, and today has offered details on what improvements people can expect in the coming weeks and months. Information on an April 6, 2017 patch has been revealed, as well as information on future repairs and multiplayer additions.
The April 6, 2017 Mass Effect: Andromeda patch will be dedicated to some technical fixes and other improvements. Here are the Patch 1.05 notes.
- Improved tutorial placement.
- Single player balance changes: ammo crates, armor, weapons, Nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression.
- Multiplayer balance chances: weapons, cover, and enemies.
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map.
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs.
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO.
- Fixed various collision issues.
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct.
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times.
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save.
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge pose.
- Fixed issues related to some saves.
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer.
- Streaming and stability improvements.
Other included improvements are higher inventory limits, cheaper and more accessible Remnant decryption keys, and “fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern.”
As for future updates, BioWare went over a list of things that will be fixed in Mass Effect: Andromeda over the next two months. It also noted the campaign will get free cosmetic items for Ryder.
- More options and variety in the character creator.
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters.
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations.
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder.
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams.
Finally, the Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer will continue to receive free updates. APEX missions will be added, with April 6, 2017 being the launch date for the first chapter in The Remnant Investigation. Two more chapters are planned, as well as more playable characters, maps, and weapons.
Mass Effect: Andromeda is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.