We recently learned that Medabots is releasing its first five entries with various improvements on 3DS as part of a five-game set on 3DS called Medabots Classics. Here are more details from this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]
The new collection is made as part of the ongoing celebration of the Medabots series’ 20th anniversary, featuring the series’ first five games in a packaged collection that comes in both Kabuto and Kuwagata versions.
Here are some highlights:
- Upon clearing the game, there’s a bonus that lets you have all parts acquired from the start, or use mythical parts that you normally can’t get in the main story.
- The “Medalbum” registers all the parts you’ve acquired as a way to check out. You can look at them or check out their characteristics.
- In addition to being able to save whenever, the “Forced Robattle Skip” option lets you escape from weak enemies or strong foes. However, doing so won’t increase Medal rates.
- The game has local multiplayer and will allow for wireless battles and parts trading for all the games.
- A limited “20th Anniversary Edition” will come with both Kabuto & Kuwagata versions, a CD with 20 select tracks from the first five games, and a book containing 520 illustrations that have yet to be revealed.
Medabots Collections releases in Japan on December 21, 2017 for Nintendo 3DS. The standard edition will go for 4,800 yen and the 20th anniversary version for 12,000 yen.