A new update has come to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s Metal Gear Online, and a few of the fixes are designed to make the online multiplayer experience more fair. In addition to being able to see up to four bars next to everyone’s name on the scoreboard, to see someone’s connection quality, the game’s Automatch option has been adjusted.
Previously, Metal Gear Online prioritized preset parties. This meant that some groups in an Automatch would face a team much larger (or, vice versa, smaller) than them. From here on out, the number of people heading into an Automatch matters most, which means you should see teams that are about the same size on either side.
Additional fixes in Metal Gear Online following update 1.12 are as follows. Konami detailed the following adjustments on the official website.
- Unique Characters
- ・Quiet can no longer be interrogated.
- ・Rank increase and decrease are now displayed in the mission results. There will be an icon with arrows pointing up or down to show the increase or decrease.
- ・Score has been adjusted for each mission.
- ・Assist score will no longer be granted when woken up by a comrade after putting yourself into sleep or stun status.
- Damage Adjustments
- ・Increased damage output from the SVG-76 and M2000-D.
- ・Reduced the knockback and firing rate of the URAGAN-5.
- ・Increased stamina damage when landing onto enemy players from a height.
- ・Reduced stamina damage from cardboard box attacks and low kicks.
- Balance Adjustments
- ・Demolition+ Lv.2 will no longer trigger a thrown weapon to drop when killed by a knife.
- ・After diving, there is now a delay before you can dive again.
- ・Sprint duration is now temporarily reduced after diving.
- ・Crawling out of a cardboard box when prone will no longer produce noise.
- ・Each player’s network connection quality will now be displayed.
- ・Team creation in Automatch will now be prioritized for balanced number of players across both teams over preset party on a single team.
- ・The Rush Mode option is now removed from the mission selection screen in Automatch (except Xbox360)
- ※Rush Mode will now occur in random frequency
- ・A combat log will now be displayed when a player is fulton saved or woken up from sleep or stun status by an ally.
- ・The time bonus XP for the Sabotage mission has been adjusted.
Metal Gear Online is immediately available to any PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC player who owns Metal Gear V: The Phantom Pain.