Monster Hunter: World is getting a bunch of weapon buffs and adjustments in the major update that’s coming March 22. Here are the full notes shared from the Spring 2018 broadcast.
Great Sword – Increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Charged Slash II – Damage increased.
- Charged Slash III – Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash II – Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash III – Damage increased.
Long Sword – Improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection
- Foresight Slash – Time window to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash – Hitbox to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash – Damage hitbox increased.
- Foresight Slash – Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack.
- Spirit Helm Breaker – (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
Sword & Shield – Roundslash damage increase and improved slinger usability.
- Roundslash – Damage increased.
- Wedge beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn.
Hammer – Adjusted the stun values on charged attacks.
- Charge Tier 2 – Charged Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 2 – Charged Brutal Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 3 – Charged Big Bang stun values increased.
Hunting Horn – General attack power increase.
- The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (the effect is now “Attack Up + Deflected Attack Prevention”).
Gunlance – Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases.
- Shelling – Damage parameters increased when sharpness is yellow or worse.
- Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire attacks.
- Wyrmstake Cannon – Damage increased.
- Wyvern’s Fire – Damage increased.
Switch Axe – Zero Sum Discharge adjusted to make it easier to use.
- Zero Sum Discharge – Level 4 Earplugs effect during use.
- It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge.
- Zero Sum Discharge Finisher – Damage increased.
- Mounted Discharge Finisher – No longer causes sharpness loss.
- Zero Sum Discharge – (Bug Fix) after use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
Charge Blade – Balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial
- Attack power increases from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (for the explosions on Impact Phials) were adjusted.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge – Stun values decreased for Impact Phials
- Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge.
- Elemental values increased for all attack phials.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge – Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer together to make them easier to hit.
Insect Glaive – Improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length.
- Improved the effect of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects.
- Extract effect times increased overall.
- Extract effect times no longer decrease while mounting a monster.
Lance – Adjusted to be easier to use.
- Counter-thrust – Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust.
Dual Blades – Made the Demon Gauge easier to maintain.
- Demon Gauge – Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush.
- Demon Mode – Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.
Bow – Fixed various bugs.
- Dashing Shot – Fixed a bug where the Spread/Power Shots skill effect was applied twice.
- Dragon Piercer – Fixed a bug where you could shoot past the attack’s angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead of the player, regardless of the camera angle, when shot with the camera angle past the attack’s angle limitations.
Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun – No adjustments made.
Monster Hunter: World is available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PC version arrives in Fall 2018. Read our previous report for info on system changes that will be added through a major update along with Deviljho. Character creation do-overs will also be available this spring.