A rather important Monster Hunter: World PC update is coming on October 30, 2018. This update will bring the Elder Dragon Kulve Taroth Siege to the computer for the first time, while also finally giving people a chance to buy the Character Edit Voucher from the store that allows people to alter their avatars’ appearances.
The Kulve Taroth Siege sends hunters to the Caverns of El Dorado to hunt down the Elder Dragon. Be prepared to have members who can deal blunt or cut damage with their weapons to break the plating on its head, and someone who can deal ammo damage will have an easier time breaking its legs. Using ice elements can help, since that is its major weakness when it does not have its gold plating. Winning gets you appraisal weapons, a Bushi Ticket for Palicos, and materials. It will run on PCs from November 2-15, 2018.
Here are the full Monster Hunter: World PC update notes from Steam.
Major New Content:
For the first time on Steam, the Kulve Taroth Siege will be available for a limited period from Friday, November 2 at 00:00 a.m. (UTC) until Thursday, November 15 at 23:59 (UTC).
Cooperate with all other hunters in your Online Session to destroy the horns of Kulve Taroth, an elder dragon clad in a gold mantle. "Appraisal weapons" will be rewarded for completing the siege, and you can acquire new materials to forge and upgrade equipment, as well as the "Bushi Ticket" for your Palico equipment.
- The siege can only be accessed after progressing to a certain point in the story.
- The siege will be available at different times in the future.
- "Character Edit Voucher" will be available on the Store, allowing hunters to edit their gender and appearance.
Additions and Changes:
- "HDR Mode" added in the Display Settings.
- Various keyboard setting adjustments, including different key assignments.
- A new shortcut key option which allows players to use keyboard shortcuts (any number key from 1 to 8).
- Fixed an issue where certain textures in cutscenes or character creation were not optimized.
- Fixed other minor issues.
Monster Hunter: World is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Kulve Taroth first appeared in the console version on April 18, 2018.