Monster Hunter: World is getting a huge official guidebook that boasts 1,008 pages, full of all the info any Hunter could ask for, and it is releasing next month in Japan.
The A5-size book has a lot to cover, and we got some of the details on its contents below, thanks to Amazon Japan:
- Understanding the Hunter Life: Basic game flow, information on Astera facilities.
- Understanding Hunter Techniques: Basic Hunter action, details and recommended combos for all 14 weapons.
- Understanding how to Hunt Monsters: Detailed information on all monsters, including their attack characteristics, weaknesses, and more.
- Understanding Quest Info to the End: A complete set of info on all quests, including rewards for monsters that appear in Free Quests, and more.
- Understanding Weapon Sharpness and Weapon Tree: A giant collection of weapon data with over 1,000 weapons. In addition to showing all its upgrades in the weapon trees, it shows the attack power, sharpness, and more including Bowgun shots.
- Understanding Armor Graphics and Performance: Data for all-things armor, including a look at different armor series, skills, and more.
- Understanding Your Friendly Felynes: Everything about Felynes, including their armor effects, as well as data on weapon & armor.
- Understanding Field Characteristics: Complete data and details for the fields you explore while on a hunt.
- Understanding Where to Get Materials: Data on the over-690 different items including where to find or what monsters to get them from.
The official guide book will be available for 2,916 yen when it releases in Japan on March 24, 2018.
Monster Hunter: World is available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PC version releases in Fall 2018.