Final Fantasy XI is one of those games where people might not realize exactly how much is still going on in it, given how long the MMORPG has been running. Akihiko Matsui, its producer, took to the game’s forums to talk about the August Version Update. While many of the adjustments are the typical changes, something fun is coming up too. Namely, there’ll be a new Final Fantasy XI storyline.
Matsui didn’t bring up what this new story will cover. However, he did note what the prerequisite to experience it will be. People will need to have completed the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel missions, which were added in 2015 and require people to have completed missions in the base game and its expansions before you can go through its three chapters.
Here is Matsui’s full Final Fantasy XI August Version Update announcement. It also announces Beastmaster job adjustments, a magic-wielding Mamool Ja Intense Ambuscades, and a Rafflesia Normal Ambuscade.
- August: Records of Eminence will add new objectives and update monthly objectives.
- August: New scenario will add a new quest.
- August: Ambuscade will add new notorious monsters, create new items, and replace reward items.
- August: Porter Moogle will have more supported items.
- August: Beastmaster will add new job traits, add new pets, and have certain pets adjusted.
- August: New Synthesis Recipes
- August: New Synergy recipes
- August: New items
Final Fantasy XI is available for the PC. It was originally also playable on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360. The new Final Fantasy XI storyline will arrive in August 2020.